Tuesday, May 01, 2007

[Health] Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Sprains and Sore Muscles

A mistake in posting? I think not. Apple cider vinegar has been known for its health benefits for a long time and here is how it can help you as a training capoerista.

Add a cup of vinegar to a warm bath to help relieve muscle soreness, or if you have a sprained ankle or wrist, soak it in a tub of warm water with a cup of vinegar added to it.

Personally, I've tried this and though I can't say for certain if it's purely psychological, the bath does seem more soothing when I've added vinegar to it. Maybe it's the smell, but it doesn't feel half bad.

Another thing you can do is to apply apple cider vinegar with cayenne pepper directly to the muscle area on a cloth to soothe a sprain.

For those of you who don't know what is cayenne pepper, it is a finely ground spice made from a few different kinds of dried hot peppers which include the membranes of hot chili peppers and its seeds.




For the two remedies above, I use apple cider vinegar cos it's what I have at home. It works pretty well as far as I can estimate but you're free to use whatever vinegar you have at home.

As a capoeirista on a budget, some home remedies can save you quite abit of money and may potential help you in more ways than conventional pharmaceuticals. Don't take my word for it, the next time you get sore muscles, try out this remedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this!
I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar for so long... It's not only my favorite in the kitchen! I drink a glass of warm water with a spoon of vinegar and I sleep like a baby. Vinegar makes your ph alkaline and all your body fluids work at their best:)I have a book on vinegar alone!
We Capoeira people should be aware of all around us... so
Thank you!